Fractals are absolutely awesome. A Fractal is a pattern, a geometric shape, or a mathematical set that infinitely repeats and shows “self-similarity” on all scales. Fractal patterns appear throughout the natural world, including trees, weather patterns, organs (especially the lungs), flowers, and have many applications throughout the arts and sciences.
§. Learn More about Fractals:
- “Cynthia Lanius’ Lessons: A Fractals Lesson – Introduction”. math.rice.edu.
- “What are Fractals? – Fractal Foundation”. fractalfoundation.org.
- W., Weisstein, Eric. “Fractal”. mathworld.wolfram.com.
- “DMOZ – Science: Math: Chaos and Fractals”. http://www.dmoz.org.
- “Fractals – Wikibooks, open books for an open world”. en.wikibooks.org.